Reports, documents and other references for use by users of this site will be located on this page. Please refer to individual documents by their assigned category and number within each category.
NOTE: To open up the following documents, put your cursor on the underlined, blue document link. Then, right-click your mouse on the underlined, blue link. Then click “Open Link in new tab.” That should open up the document.
In the News
1. A Springville (NY) Journal article on the creation of this website.
2. A Buffalo News article on the status of land use planning in the Southtowns.
3. A Buffalo News article on why the NY Department of Environmental Conservation is not prepared to control the gas and oil industry.
Local Governance in New York
1. The Governance Project, State University of New York at Buffalo
2. A handy guidebook from New York’s Department of State
Civic Education in New York State
1. NYS Bar Association Civic Education Report, November 2013
Gas and Oil Drilling
1. Gas Drilling in the Town of Colden, April 11, 2013
2. A study of the impact of high volume hydrofracking on animal health by two Cornell University vets.
Land Use Planning
1. New York State Legislative Commission on Rural Resources.
2. The Erie & Niagara Counties Framework for Regional Growth, 2006